Saturday, September 27, 2008

Here goes..............

Well, here goes! My first post. In a few moments I’ll no longer be a blog virgin and would have committed myself to starting and maintaining this message in a bottle.


What am I doing here? Processing, I guess. So, some context – a little more stuff about me:


I’m 43 and came to describe myself as femme early last year. My emerging identity (together with some other bumps along the way) resulted in my ending a long term relationship with a (very special) man. I’m now deeply in love with my girlfriend, P, and have been for sometime.


I describe myself as femme because that is what I am, and, importantly, what I’ve always been. “Lesbian” is a term that I don’t choose because, for me, it has a meaning that does not describe me for the first 41 years of my life – where as “femme” (and “queer”) do precisely that.


On good days, I would compare my journey to a happy, no, joyous, awakening and on bad days to a very difficult birth (not that I have any idea what that feels like!).


At the moment I’m endeavouring to move forward and build a life that is intentional and owned. I’m also trying to feel guilt-free about that, sometimes successfully, sometimes not.


My endeavours have been and are hugely supported by P, TSM (The Special Man), femmeismygender, Holden and friends & family. I’m a very lucky woman.


This blog will be framed around the fact that I want to remain anonymous, because for me this means, less attention to censorship. I hope it works out that way!


Have to sign out for now – P has just emerged from a soak in the bath and well…………

5 comments:

f said...

Hello Rose, and welcome to blogland! It's good to see you here (at last)
We are looking forward to reading more of your experiences - great start xxxxx
femmeismygender and Holden

Unknown said...

Queer Rose- you are truly beautiful. You make my days shine and my nights twinkle.
Because of you I carry a smile around in my heart.
I love your courage, your strength and your passion to be true to yourself and others.
I have decided to not intrude upon your blog unless you invite me to do so.
I hope it brings you whatever it is you want it to- and more much more.

Deepest love

P XXXXXXXXXXXX

Butch Boo said...

Lovely- ain't ya!

Freedomgirl said...

yay! welcome!

|Queer Rose said...

Dear femmeismygender, PerryD, Butch Boo and freedomgirl - thank you all very much