Saturday, June 06, 2009

Downhill

Today started out well enough. I went out for my run and did really well. I came back feeling great, on top of the world. Things went swiftly downhill when I opened my post box and found a letter telling me that my income benefit has been stopped. Basically, apart from the fact that they have based their decision on completely incorrect information, I’ve been penalised because my illness is invisible and I present as clean, sane and articulate. I spent sometime getting a 2 page appeal letter together.


It was a real body blow and completely knocked the wind right out of my sails. When I sit still and think about it, I get a rush of distress and a whir of all of the stuff that’s happened in my life over the last few years, and it’s too much. It’s just as well that Boo is spending the evening with a friend because I don’t think I could take any kind words, I just need to hibernate, even though the thought of being by myself is quite scary.


QRx

7 comments:

~seelenschmerz~ said...

hang in there, QR....it's life's b.s. way of keeping us on our toes. it will all work out eventually, you'll see.

sending hugs from thousands of miles,
~wicked~

Sublimefemme said...

So sorry to hear this, QR! Wishing you all the best during this difficult time.

I highly recommend chocolate in times of crisis. I hear it's a natural anti-depressant ;-)

xo
SF

Unknown said...

stay strong, qr. just keep putting one foot in front of the other & advocating for yourself, and you'll get there. and let gertie & boo cheer you up.

Butch Boo said...

QR

This is a blip- all be it a major one. Gertie and me are here for endless cuddles and I know it'll all work out OK. I know you'll stand your ground and show them what for...

So very proud of you- watched you running this morning- bionic woman or what!!

Boo

X

|Queer Rose said...

Dear wicked, yes, you're right, it will all work out and thank you very much for the hugs x

Dear Sublimefemme, have been trying the chocolate theory with McVities Chocolate busicuts - I think it's working! x

Dear Leo, I will keep on moving and I will get there. I'm very lucky to have Boo and Gertie - they cerainly keep me smiling x

Dear Boo, I'm SO looking forward to some of those cuddles this evening xxx

Thank you everyone for reading and commenting. Your thoughts are very apreciated. You're all very kind QRx

Anonymous said...

Sending you strength and good thoughts - you have been through more than most can handle and you are doing such a good job of keeping your chin up. Keep it up with the running and let it help you to relieve some of the stress.

|Queer Rose said...

Thanks for your kind words Greg. Running is such a good tonic QRx