Saturday, June 20, 2009

UPdate

As we all know, what goes up must come down and vice versa. And, after a bit of a tough time last week, here I am as evidence of what goes down comes back UP. You cannot keep a good femme down.


It’s so lovely to live in a flat with a view.











I went to see my VERY lovely friend femmeismygender last Wednesday. We had such a fabulous afternoon sitting on deck chairs in the sun eating chips and sharing. Later in the day we went back to her place and caught up with Holden. What a couple! I’m very lucky to have such dear friends.


My running is coming along very nicely. This morning, despite having period brain, boobs like watermelons and legs full of lead, I was EXTREMELY pleased with my run. I’m on Week 6 of a 9 week couch to 5K program and totally on target.


After some reluctance I’ve accepted my doctor’s advice and am taking double my regular dose of Prozac. It helps!





Gertie is nearly 12 weeks old now, going out in the world and ridiculously cute:



Boo has being doing really well in the Belly department (i.e., trying to lose it) and lost 5lbs last week. She totally got her reward! Ahem.


So, I’m carrying on, on my little roller coaster ride, trying not to get myself in too much of a pickle and getting somewhere. Another cliché for you – whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Amen to that.


With love

QRx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, you can't keep a good femme down! Lets have another beach day soon Rose - love you lots fimg xxxx

GrumpyGranny said...

That is a nice view! Though I do see the ubiquitous construction crane in the background. I've been remiss in reading lately, glad to hear things are going well, and Gertie is adorable!!

GG